Tips on what YOU can do to save the environment:
- Don't buy plastic bags. Use cloth bags instead.
- Conserve energy! Turn off the lights to brighten our environment.
- Use rainwater for your indoor plants – they love it, and you’ll save water at the same time.
- Don’t keep the water running while brushing your teeth. You will save as much as 11 litres every time.
- Green your office: print double-sided, turn off monitors, start an office recycling program.
- Host a World Environment Day celebration. Clean up your neighbourhood. And don’t forget to register your activity on unep.org/wed
- Mobilise your friends to celebrate World Environment Day! Use Facebook, Twitter, Orkut, SMS, text, email – it doesn’t matter how, just get the word out!
- Plant a tree this year! This is the International Year of Forests so why not celebrate by planting a tree with friends or family.
- Think of ways to reuse plastics and old items.